It seems that if you want to grab and hold the media’s attention these days, all you have to do is drink tigers’ blood or booze with pickles, run around in public and babble incoherently about nothing to total strangers and take yourself too seriously. At least these are the modern-day prerequisites for running for President of the United States — or at least pretending to run for president while prick-teasing the media.
Speaking of which, Donald Trump keeps threatening to make a presidential run but hasn’t made it official, which involves forming an exploratory committee to search your parents’ basement and attic with the task of finding your original birth certificate and making an obligatory appearance on “The View”. Next you send out press releases telling them you plan on making an important announcement at some historical American
wasteland landmark such as Liberty Taco Bell in Philadelphia or The Mall of America or Carhenge in Alliance, Nebraska.
Before the event, you leak information that you plan on announcing that you’ve filed papers and you’re running for president. But at the actual event, you tease the media by telling them
you have list of names of 257 card-carrying Terrorists working for Homeland Security in your breast pocket are officially forming a presidential exploratory committee, now that the preliminary exploratory committee manufactured a new birth certificate claiming you were born at said landmark has located your birth certificate, thus proving you are over 36 years of age, were born in America and are prone to 4-year cycles of hyper-narcissism.
That said, news leaked by Donald Trump’s legion of underpaid
casino workers interns indicate that he’s in the preliminary exploratory process, thus indicating he’s taking the first serious step in making a presidential run, which leads to this week’s David Letterman’s Late Show Online Top Ten Contest entry. But I am not going alone, Dear Reader. I’m soliciting your help – or not. I’ve written ten possible entries for this week’s list, and it’s up to you to help me select the CHOSEN ONE from the list (for I can only submit one) that you think has the best chance of winning.
This Week’s Topic: Top Ten Signs Donald Trump Is Serious About Running for President
10. Using “Celebrity Apprentice” next season to help choose Vice President running mate
9. Apologized to James Dobson for leaving a horse’s head at the foot of his bed
8. Boycotting own show to generate more press
7. Fired videographer after reading John Edward’s new book, “The Idiot’s Guide to Running for President”
6. Acquired Diebold Voting Machines company, whose technicians are calibrating voting machines to hit three Trumps every-other
5. Hired WikiLeaks and B.A. Baracus to head Opposition Research A-Team
4. Running political ads on “The Howard Stern Show”
3. The Tea Party, Birthers and Newt Gingrich’s mistress added him to their speed dial
2. Ordered 2 million red, white & blue “Obama, Your Fired!” matching headbands and thong underwear
1. Burned all the skeletons in his closet – insurers issued $12 million check to replace Trump Towers
Don’t forget to indicate (in the Comments) which ONE of these I should submit to the Top Ten Contest.
#10 and #2 are best.