H1N1 Flu, formerly known as the “Swine Flu” formerly known as “Squealer’s Revenge” formerly known as “The Plague” formerly known as “Prince,” has reared its ugly head from the muck to help distract Americans, at least temporarily, from the economic crisis and Lindsey Lohan’s latest exploits. Speaking of the latter, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) have documented more cases of diseases linked to Lohan than the origins of the latest strand of swine flu.
Nonetheless, the swine flu has been the butt of many jokes as of late, and it’s only a matter of time before the CDC declares a national emergency and quarantines swine-flu jokes before they spread any further.
Until then, free-range swine flu jokes will continue to roam aimlessly, rearing their heads across the comedic spectrum and popping up online and on late-night talk shows, which are not immune to the epidemic. Such is the case with this week’s edition of David Letterman’s “Late Show” Online Top Ten Contest.
Due to the recent demise of voter turnout among SSF readers, my quest to win the Holy “Online Late Show” t-shirt has devolved from an obsession to an exercise-in-futility. That said, here’s my top-ten list of possible entries to this week’s Top Ten contest. Once again, I’m soliciting your help – or not. I’ve written ten possible entries for this week’s list, and it’s up to you to help me select the CHOSEN ONE from the list (for I can only submit one) that you think has the best chance of winning.
This Week’s Topic: Top Ten Little-Known Symptoms of the Swine Flu
10. Facebook profile has been quarantined by Centers for Disease Control
9. Miss Piggy-induced nocturnal emissions
8. Brash cravings of filleted Rush Limbaugh (your choice of side: Oxycontin or hydrocodone)
7. Family doctor puts you on low-media diet without telling you why
6. Every time you play Pass the Pigs you roll “Making Bacon”
5. Occasional hypochondriac irregularities
4. Development of unhealthy relationship with Porky Pig action figure
3. Cold Cut Sweats that make skin break out into Bacon Bits
2. Centers for Disease Control starts following you on Twitter
1. Sudden impulse to write SPAM Haikus filled with tasty swine-flu allusions:
Sacred sweaty meat
Released from its tin captor:
Harbinger of death
Don’t forget to indicate (in the Comments) which ONE of these I should submit to the Top Ten Contest.