Just when you thought former President George W. Bush had fully disappeared into the Texas sunset with the satirists’ shadow following closely behind, David Letterman’s “Late Show” posse resurrected him for this week’s Online Top Ten Contest. While most satirists have boxed up their George W. Bush satiric crutches and stored them in the attic, CBS insists we beat the “dead horse” and contemplate what the “Great Decider” is doing during his twilight years.
When Bush first left office, I had no doubts he would follow his arch enemy Osama bin Laden’s lead and go into reclusive exile, resurrecting every so often to remind the American people, probably through the release of a grainy video clip on YouTube, who helped elevate the world of satire and made it what it is today.
However, unlike the “No White’s Allowed” sign mounted at the entrance of bin Laden’s Pakistani cave, Bush moved into the formerly whites-only Dallas suburb of Preston Hollow. Bush was immediately ostracized by his new upper-crust neighbors, whose property values made double-digit drops when They moved into the neighborhood.
Fortunately while living in exile, Bush has kept in contact with his two friends through his Facebook page, which leads to this week’s online Top Ten Contest.
Due to the recent demise of voter turnout among SSF readers, my quest to win the Holy “Online Late Show” t-shirt has devolved from an obsession to an exercise-in-futility. That said, here’s my top-ten list of possible entries to this week’s Top Ten contest. Once again, I’m soliciting your help – or not. I’ve written ten possible entries for this week’s list, and it’s up to you to help me select the CHOSEN ONE from the list (for I can only submit one) that you think has the best chance of winning.
This week’s list: George W. Bush’s Top Ten Facebook Status Updates
George W. Bush is…
10. Having trouble deciding what to title upcoming memoir about decisions made in office
9. Missing Jon Stewart dropping his name on “The Daily Show”
8. Playing Grand Theft Democracy on his new Xbox 360
7. Wondering if he should double-down on life-insurance policy before weekend hunting trip with Dick Cheney
6. Now friends with Kim Jong-il, Will Farrell, Joe Lieberman, Miley Cyrus, and Krusty the Clown
5. Watching “W” and wishes he could act like Josh Brolin
4. Feeling better after coming out of eight-year coma
3. Upset Laura’s book club is reading Obama’s “The Audacity of Hope”
2. Using 12-step program to break addiction to presidential signing statements
1. Hitting up AIG CEOs for presidential library donations
Don’t forget to indicate (in the Comments) which ONE of these I should submit to the Top Ten Contest.