Okay, my quest for winning a David Letterman “Late Show Online” t-shirt has officially become an obsession. I will keep submitting an entry every week until I win the Holy Shirt and/or Letterman hires me to write for the “Late Show” or CBS presses charges for virtually stalking the intern relegated to compiling the Top Ten Contest winners.
Until then, I will devote my time to getting inside the mind of the aforementioned intern — assuming he or she works alone.
For last week’s topic, “Top 10 Things Overheard at Barack Obama’s Inauguration,” I took a stab with “I heard Michelle leased her dress from Sarah Palin,” but to no avail. Albeit Sara Palin did break the Top Ten with “I wonder if Sarah Palin can see this from her house?”
Close, but no smoking gun.
Undaunted, however, I will continue my quest to win the Holy Late Show Online t-shirt, but again, I cannot do this alone— so I’m soliciting your help, dear reader. I’ve written ten possible entries for this week’s list, and it’s up to you to help me choose the ONE from the list (for I can only submit one) that you think has the best chance of winning this week.
Like an addiction to clichés, the third time is a charm, eh?
Be sure to indicate your choice in the comments section at the end of the post.
Top 10 Ways the Bad Economy is Affecting the Super Bowl
10. Hat day has been replaced by pink-slip day
9. The NFL is seeking a bailout from Congress to help pay for the halftime show
8. Officials will use a commemorative potato for the coin toss
7. Sunday will still be considered a work day in Pittsburgh
6. Roseanne Barr agreed to sing the National Anthem for free
5. Teams will not be penalized for “illegal use of hands”
4. Steelers’ fans changed Steel Curtain slogan to “Recycled Aluminum Draperies”
3. Springsteen forced to cut set list down to one song: Annie’s “Tomorrow”
2. Instead of Super Bowl rings, players will receive David Letterman decoder rings
1. NBC sent out 10% off coupons for $2.6 million 30-second ad spots
Don’t forget to let me know (in the Comments) which one of these I should submit.