My quest for winning a David Letterman “Late Show Online” t-shirt continues after a disappointing, yet hopeful attempt at last week’s online Top Ten Contest, which featured the topic: “Top Ten Least Popular New Products at the Consumer Electronics Show.”
After readers weighed in, one actually bribing me with a pound of flesh if I submitted “Life-sized, remote-control mime” (I guess some people out there have a thing for electronic mimes), I went with the top online vote-getter: Bernard Madoff Money Changer.
Among last week’s winners, Bernard Madoff did make the final cut at the No. 1 spot with “New Video Game: ‘Grand Theft Madoff.’”
Undaunted, I will continue my quest to win the holy Late Show Online t-shirt, but again, I cannot do this alone— so I’m soliciting your help, dear reader. I’ve written ten possible entries for this week’s list, and it’s up to you to help me choose the ONE from the list (for I can only submit one) that you think has the best chance of winning this week.
Be sure to indicate your choice in the comments section at the end of the post.
This week’s Top Ten topic and list:
Top 10 Things Overheard at Barack Obama’s Inauguration
10. “Excuse me, but could you please point me toward the Washington Monument?”
9. “Frosty malts! Get your frosty malt!”
8. “George W. Who?”
6. “HOPE: It’s not just for breakfast anymore.”
5. Aretha Franklin: “You want R-E-S-P-E-C-T? Talk to the hat, baby.”
3. “I heard Michelle leased her dress from Sarah Palin.”
2. Dick Cheney’s backstage Dr. Strangelove impersonation: “Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!”
1. “Pssst, wake up George. Your reign is over.”
Don’t forget to let me know (in the Comments) which one of these I should submit.
No doubt: “Freebird!”
Washington Monument, definitely!
Yep, it’s “Freebird!”, without a doubt.
Freebird’s a classic, although I think the dress one gets more points for cleverness.
I gotta go with Matt. #3 Michelle’s dress
Perhaps you and your viewers would be interested in checking out my website: http://www.FunniestTopTenLists.com