I’ll be the first to admit that not only have I never been lost, but I have never watched the serial television show “Lost” as well. Regarding the former, I take the Buddhist approach to getting off course as not being lost, rather the beginning of a new, unchartered journey.Therapist Bob tells me I say that to mask my insecurities, to which I reference Odysseus as my role model. “Some role model, mon. Not only did it take Odysseus 10 years to find his way home from Troy, but he lost all of his men in the process.”
Regarding “Lost,” as a general rule of them I steer clear of serial television shows, so my life doesn’t evolve around the television programming. After all, who is programming whom? For millions of viewers ensnared by the serial formula, it appears “Lost” is in control, which leads to this week’s edition of David Letterman’s “Late Show” Online Top Ten Contest.
Due to the recent demise of voter turnout among SSF readers, my quest to win the Holy “Online Late Show” t-shirt has devolved from an obsession to an exercise-in-futility. That said, here’s my top-ten list of possible entries to this week’s Top Ten contest. Once again, I’m soliciting your help – or not. I’ve written ten possible entries for this week’s list, and it’s up to you to help me select the CHOSEN ONE from the list (for I can only submit one) that you think has the best chance of winning.
This Week’s Topic: Top Ten Signs You’re Obsessed with “Lost”
10. Wikipedia recruited you to edit its “Lost” page.
9. You’re following Dr. Jack Shepherd on Twitter.
8. Logged over 50,000 frequent flyer miles on flights between Sydney and Los Angeles with the dream of one day crashing in the South Pacific to be reunited with your newly, adopted extended family.
7. Sold all of your “Gilligan’s Island” action figures on eBay and replaced them with “Lost” ones.
6. Too proud to stop channel surfacing, consult your TV Guide, and openly admit you are looking for “Lost.”
5. You have a Fathead of Hurley mounted on ceiling over your bed.
4. Gave up life-long search of Atlantis to pursue quest for “Lost” island.
3. Legally changed your name to Sayid Hassan Jarrah.
2. Just in case of an emergency, you sleep with a conch shell underneath your pillow.
1. You actually get “Lost”
Don’t forget to indicate (in the Comments) which ONE of these I should submit to the Top Ten Contest.